Thursday, January 21, 2010

What? Lunch time?

During one of my Weight Watchers meeting the leader commented on how we should eat each day. You should eat like a King/Queen in the morning, Prince/Princess in the afternoon and a Pauper in the evening. What we normally eat is King/Queen morning, afternoon and evening. So yesterday in my attempt to eat like a Queen I decided to eat a fairly big breakfast, something beyond my normal bowl of cereal. I love love LOVE hash browns so I made my own.

Hash Browns
Grate one potato, rise under water to remove startch and blot to remove excess water.
Pour 1 tsp of olive oil into a skillet and heat. Add potatoes and some salt. Cook them until they start to get brown.
Hash browns might be a little crunchy still so heat in microwave for 1 min.

I also made Toad's in a Hole
Take two slices of whole wheat bread. Spread margarine or other low fat "butter" on them. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out centers. Spray down a pan with PAM. Place bread on hot pan and crack one egg into the center that was cut out. Make sure to also cook the center of bread! Flip and enjoy!

I swear this was the most filling breakfast I have ever had! I did not get hungry until about 3-4pm. The whole meal was about 10 points, so high in calories but extremely dense food for the point value! So I have decided to make sure that I eat more filling breakfasts so that I can better stick to my point values. My goal this week is to hit my first 5 lbs. That means to lose 2 lbs. I am going to continue to power lift with Sean and be more active during the day. Cleaning definitely burns lots of calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment