Monday, January 4, 2010

Taking on the Relief Society Arms

So after two days of much needed rest, my legs still are a little sore, Sean and I embarked on another day of power lifting. Today's target: arms.

Bench press: 5 sets of 5 reps = 45lbs

Shoulder press: 3 sets of 5 reps = 45 lbs

Triceps: 3 sets of 5 reps = 25 lbs

Apparently I was supposed to do cardio today but I had to take Isaac to the doctor and Lucas to a WIC appointment, anyone with two children would agree that that is cardio in itself, I will hopefully fit in some kickboxing tomorrow.

I do find it amazing that even though I have only been working out for about a week, I am feeling better about myself. Sean even said that I was looking a little thinner. Tomorrow is weigh in day with Weight Watchers, my first meeting, so we will get our starting point there. Keep your fingers crossed and think thin thoughts.

Amazing sandwich that I made that in Weight Watchers terms is only 4.5 points and amazingly filling:
1/2 of a small avacado
1/2 of a ripe tomato
2 Tblsp Fat Free Mayo
2 slices of whole wheat bread, toasted
a dash of salt and pepper
Make up ingredients like a sandwich and enjoy!

It is very important to make sure that you eat healthy oils and fats. They are essential in your body's functions and help keep you full. Many times when you are starting to loose weight you think that you shouldn't eat any fat, that fat is bad. But it is acutally a very important tool that when used properly, aids in weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment